Rules of the Marathon Pentathlon
To be held at The Florida Keys Country Club on October 7, 2017
Events of the Pentathlon
1. Swim Race. A quarter mile swim in the Harbor, starting from the dock at the Tiki Hut, around one buoy and back to the dock.
2. SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) race. A half mile race in the Harbor, starting from the dock at the Tiki Hut, around 3 different buoys, and back to the dock.
3. Kayak Race. A half mile race in the Harbor, starting at the dock at the Tiki Hut, around 3 different buoys, and back to the dock.
4. Golf Ball Driving contest. From the driving range. Each athlete is given two attempts to get their longest drive.
5. Foot race around nine holes. A little bit more than a one mile race starting at tee box one and ending at the ninth hole.
Definition of a Pentathlete
A Pentathlete is a male or female who is registered to compete in all five events
Definition of a Pentathlon Team
Two or more athletes who collectively compete in all five events. The Team can have anywhere from two to five different athletes competing.
Male Pentathlete of the Year
Female Pentathlete of the Year
Overall highest scoring Male and Female athlete
First place Male and Female winners in each event
Fastest swimmer – male and female
Fastest SUP racer – male and female
Fastest kayak racer – male and female
Longest golf drive – male and female
Fastest racer – male and female
these winners must be Pentathletes who finished each event.
Overall highest scoring Team
Trophies and prizes go to the Sponsor of the Team
each athlete on a Team must register for the events they will be competing in